“Helping participants properly plan for retirement is a key indicator of a high-performing 401(k) plan.”
Our commitment to participant success is demonstrated through Cambridge’s comprehensive Participant Education & Communication program.
If financial security is at stake, employees’ emotions can run high and can lead to irrational decisions that may keep your employees from reaching their financial goals.
Our communication materials help take the emotion out of the equation and objectively guide your employees through every stage of their savings journey, from initial enrollment to the day they leave the plan.
From motivating employees to contribute to your retirement plan to providing helpful information about what to do at retirement or separation from service — we are here for your participants with a wealth of material, including:
- Print-on-Demand Enrollment Kits
- Online Resources & Interactive Tools
- PowerPoint® Presentations
- Live Webinars & Conference Calls
- Available in English and Spanish
Extensive market research using focus groups across many demographic and geographic lines has shown that the educational materials we use to be highly rated by participants.
More important, these tested messages are carefully woven into the description of your company’s retirement plan and basic investing concepts to keep your employees engaged as they learn.
Comprehensive Educational Resources
We’ll help your participants make the most of their 401(k) providor’s online resouces. A variety of interactive calculators and tools can help your employees tailor information to match their exact situations and goals.
The calculators are easy to use and can be effective in helping your employees plan for the future.
Participants can easily find answers to their specific financial situation:
- How many times have you heard this question: How much do I need to save? Well, the Retirement Planning Calculator can help your employees find an answer based on their specific situation (how much they’ve already saved, how much time they have until retirement, etc.).
- There’s a “Quick Analysis” version that asks four questions and only takes about five minutes to get an overview of their retirement outlook.
- Or your employees can choose a “Detailed Analysis,” which involves 15 questions and takes about 15 minutes to complete. This in-depth version takes into account more details about personal situations and retirement accounts.
- There’s a Tax-deferred Investment Calculator that encourages participation in your retirement plan by comparing the growth rate of a tax-deferred investment (like any of the options in your plan) to a taxable one.
- A Payroll Deduction Analyzer shows your employees how different levels of before tax contributions can affect their take-home pay, making a case for maximizing their contributions.
- And, if you offer a Roth feature in your plan, there’s a Roth 401(k) calculator to help your employees look at the value of prepaying their taxes.
In short, all of our educational materials are designed to make it easy for your employees to enroll in your 401(k) plan and to help them prepare for retirement.
Interested in Participant Education & Communication Services?
Contact Us: Your San Francisco Employee Benefit Consultants
Or Continue to Retirement Plan Services: Nonqualified Deferred Compensation Plans (NQDC)Related Topics
- 401k participant education, 401k education, 401k education materials, 401k employee education